Tuesday, July 3, 2007

First it's Candy.....

...........Then it's Gum.



I first heard of Razzles when watching the movie "13 Going on 30" a couple years ago. I didn't really pay much attention because at the time I was too busy looking for the Rick Springfield references that were in the movie.

Then I caught it on TV a few months back and I couldn't get over the fact that I had never heard of these things considering the characters talked about eating them as kids in the 80s. I was a kid in the 80s! What's funny is, since watching the second time I have seen them in about 4 or 5 stores now!

So last week I saw them again and finally decided I needed to try me some Razzles and bought a package. I didn't actually pop them in my mouth until tonight. My first reaction? <in my best valley girl accent> Like, Gag me with a spoon!

They are kind of a dry, sugary candy and at first are kind of nasty. Then as you chew on them they turn into gum and the flavor gets better. Well, for a couple minutes anyway. The longer you chew the worse it gets. It looses flavor fast! Also, I'm not normally one to "pop" my gum when I chew it, but I noticed this easily does that without even trying. No wonder I never had them before, or maybe I did with the same reaction and blocked the memory from my head.

I think I'll be giving the rest of them to the kids.

Later~

1 comment:

Aim said...

Okay, Now I want to go watch "13 going on 30" again....and maybe to try some Razzles. Maybe I'll get them for the kiddies for vacation. LOL