Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Movin' on to Middle School

Tonight was the parent class for kids moving on to middle school. My daughter takes hers next week. I signed up to go to have an idea of what to expect when she starts. Glad I did, it all sounds a little confusing. Much different than when I was her age. Just learning the vocabulary will take a bit.....bases, mods, rotations, pride. Can't you just call it homeroom like we used to?? lol No more Home Economics, now it's Family Consumer Education. Forget about shop class, now it's Technology Education.

She wanted to sign up for the class because she is nervous about changing schools and knowing where to go and how to use a locker. Hell, I think she'll be fine, it's me that's gonna have the hard time with a middle school kid! Especially now with her new medical issues. I guess we will see.....

2 comments:

Amy~~ said...

Oh,I feel for you.I was a wreck when my oldest son started middle school(2 yrs ago)now my oldest daughter is starting this year. I think they all do much better than we do!!! It's just all so different than when we were that age!Hang in there.

lynn said...

Oh, I'm sure I'll live through it. Then the next thing I know she'll be in High school. Ack!!