Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Driver's Ed with Skowt

We met up with my mom today for lunch after she finished golfing. Since we had two cars there on the way home Tiger wanted to drive (not ride) home with grandma. So I asked Skowt if she was driving with me. The conversation home went something like this:

Skowt: (Who will turn the big 13 next month) Can I drive?
Me: Do you have your license?
Skowt: No!
Me: Do you even know the first thing about how to drive?
Skowt: Well, you get in the car, sit down, close the door, buckle up, turn on the car, put it in drive and go.
Me: Just like that?
Skowt: Yeah, and you should have your hands at 10 and 2.
Me: Oh, really?
Skowt: Yeah mom, 10 and 2. Put your hands at 10 and 2. Not just one hand on 12 like that.
Me: Why not? Isn't it the same? 10 and 2 equal 12.
Skowt: No mom, 10 and 2.

So I put my free hand on 5.

Skowt: Mom, 10 and 2, not 12 and 5.
Me: But 12 and 5 is 17! That's got to be better than 10 and 2, that's only 12!!!

Dirty look from Skowt!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Ha ha!! That is too cute! I drive with one hand most times, and my kids are always correcting me too.

Aim said...

That's funny. Lyric is counting down to driving as well. But she's had a couple of quiet country road lessons with Fisher. Shh, don't tell anybody.

hey, guess what? I can see our blogs today in all their full colorful glory! Go figure.

Connie said...

Funny! I have a few years to go before I need to worry about my oldest. Thanks for stopping in my blog the other day!

Aim said...

I cannot drive anymore without thinking about this post! Everytime I change my hand position, I laugh, thinking of Skowt saying "10 and 2".