Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wanna go for a ride?

Last night while watching Celebrity Family Feud, they mentioned wedgies as part of an answer. That got us talking and laughing a bit about it with Tiger.

Then I said that it reminded me of when they used to give bubbler rides when I was in high school. This sent my mom into an uncontrollable fit of hysterical laughter. She thinks that is the funniest term. "Why do they call it a ride when you're not going anywhere?" She could barely get the words out. Which also got me laughing hysterically.

I started wondering if anyone else had ever heard of them or was it just a Midwest thing, WI thing or just our high school. I looked it up today and the link above states it's mostly just a WI term.

In case you are wondering.........a couple perpetrators walk up to an unsuspecting victim and pick them up, carry them over and sit them on the bubbler (water fountain or drinking fountain) and turn the water on.

Luckily I was never a victim of this heinous crime!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Never heard of that, but I am way down south. :)