Friday, July 11, 2008

Wish me Luck

I'm gonna need it. Because I may soon starve to death!

Let me explain. I eat like a pig and it needs to stop! Over the past couple years I have slowing been putting on weight. My mom and I decided to try weight watchers. She was a member a few years ago and still has all her books, charts and cookbooks. We aren't going to meetings but will be doing it together.

According to the chart, I am allowed 20-25 points for my weight bracket. What? Who can survive on this? That has to be a misprint!

We started yesterday and I had 35 points. Yup, 10 over. No surprise there that I wasn't able to keep it in my range. And I still went to bed hungry!

But you know what? I'm not gonna sweat it. Because I ate waaaaayyyy less than normal. So the way we figure it, even if we go over a bit here and there, we are still eating less and *should* lose weight. I hope. Just writing it down and keeping track is making me think twice about what goes in my mouth.

The really hard part for me is that I'm such a picky eater! Out of a list of 37 "free" zero point items I will eat about 5 or 6 of them. Notice I said "will eat" them, not "like" them. Pickles I like, but who can survive on pickles? But say lettuce.......I'll eat it on my sandwich, burger, taco, but I'm not one for a salad. It's just too bland to eat a whole bowl of it. And it's not like I'm gonna snack on a head of lettuce while watching my fave tv show!

Writing all this is making me really hungry!

4 comments:

Miriam said...

I know how you feel. I myself am overweight and am working with my mom to loose some weight. I wish you lots of luck in your journey on the road to weight loss.

Amy said...

You can do it! Hang in there... :)

lynn said...

Thanks to both of you for your encouragement!

Miriam: Do you have a blog? I tried clicking to your profile but it's not viewable.

Sooz said...

I know you can do it Lynn!