Thursday, October 9, 2008

License to Drive

Went to renew my driver's license today.

Is there some kind of conspiracy with the DMV to not allow "good" DL photos to be taken? This one was probably the best I've ever taken but still not good.

Last time they told me not to smile. I looked pissed.

Are we not allowed to show teeth? Because one of the guys before me today was told to close his mouth. He was smiling and she told him to put his lips together.

Then you can't look directly into the camera. They point to a lower spot and say look down here. Of course then you have to put your head down and out pops the double chin!

I have to say though that this was the quickest I've ever been in and out of there getting a new license. Instead of going to one of the main DMV offices, I went to our local library where they set up two Thursdays a month. All they do is license renewals so it went pretty quickly.


7 comments:

Amy said...

I can't wait to get mine renewed...2010. I don't look ANYthing like my picture anymore because I renewed online last time, so it's been a while.

Aim said...

I saw your title and raced on over...I thought it was something good...LOL. It was. I always hate my pix too. But, at least you don't have to wear it around like I do my work badge. I have a special for you. Look for it in the mail early next week.

Sooz said...

I think there's some kind of filter in their camera that makes an otherwise fine picture look like something from a horror film, at least that's what I blame my photo on :).

Aim reminded me of my work badge too, I recently lost the one I'd had for seven years and was SO happy to finally replace it since it was a couple of pairs of glasses and a worse hairdo ago LOL.

Briana said...

I got mine taken this year because I moved out of state. I didn't have all those issues. What a bummer!

Jeanna said...

I don't think I've ever gotten in and out of the DMV quickly, but I noticed one of the malls had an Express DMV and the line there seemed to move along well.
They actually let me take a DL photo with my sun glasses on once.

Unknown said...

I think there must be a law somewhere that we must not be allowed to look good in the photo. :) I love how quick we get in and out here, it amazes me. :)

WheresMyAngels said...

Never have heard that you can't smile. That is just weird!