Friday, March 27, 2009
This first one was with Tiger. She's 9.......she'll be 10 at the beginning of May.
1. What is something your mom always says to you? I love you
2. What makes mom happy? Purple things
3. What makes mom sad? When I fight with you
4. How does your mom make you laugh? Tickle me
5. What was your mom like as a child? I don’t know
6. How old is your mom? 39
7. How tall is your mom? 4 feet 6 inches
8. What is her favorite thing to do? Go on the computer
9. What does your mom do when you are not around? work
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? acting
11. What is your mom really good at? Taking pictures
12. What is your mom not very good at? Playing sports
13. What does your mom do for her job? Work at a gas station
14. What's your mom's favorite food? pizza
15. What makes you proud of your mom? When you go to work and get money
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? spongebob
17. What do you and your mom do together? shopping
18. How are you and your mom the same? We have brown hair
19. How are you and your mom different? I’m younger
20. How do you know your mom loves you?. Cuz you hug me
21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? home
Stay tuned for Skowt's answers..........
Thursday, March 26, 2009
52 Weeks is a year long challenge for YOU to be in a picture once a week for 52 weeks. We are always the ones behind the camera, this is YOUR chance to get out in front and be in the pictures with our family. We are gald you are joining this challenge. More importantly your family will really enjoy having you in the picture. Thanks for playing along! Oh, you can just jump in now with 1 of 52, you're not getting off that easy! Now go take a picture!**************************************
Friday, March 20, 2009
'What Kind of Fool am I' is I think my all time favorite RS song! Enjoy!
Oh, and Happy first day of Spring!(field)
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
Anyway, don't be surprised if you don't see me around much for the next week or so because of it. My computer time will be limited. Which is probably a good thing, I'm just a tad addicted to it!
We did spend the afternoon at the lakefront in Milwaukee yesterday and have some pics to share but they are going to have to wait a bit. I'm heading to bed! I did post one so far on my other blog. Check it out!
Friday, March 13, 2009
My story is around the time I was maybe 14ish. I really don't remember exactly what year it was. It was Christmas time. My brother, parents and I drove from WI back to MA to visit our family back there. We went to my uncle's house one night. I had 3 boy cousins there that were older than me. The oldest 2 weren't home but the youngest was and he had a friend over. Uh-oh!
I noticed from the very beginning that something was up. His friend kept watching me and it freaked me out! At that point I had had absolutely no experience with boys yet. I was very shy and we were living in a fairly new city and I didn't really even have any friends to speak of. It was making me kind of nervous so I was sticking pretty close to my parents that night.
Then it was time for dinner. We had just ordered pizza that they brought back home. Most everyone was in the kitchen and dining room area, but my cousin and friend were upstairs in his room. The pizza was set up on a counter that divided the kitchen from the dining room, I was sitting in the dining room facing that counter. He would stare at me every time he came down for pizza. I say every time because he made several trips. You know teenage boys, they eat a lot! Instead of making one trip and taking his 5 or 6 pieces. He would come down and get one piece, then head up for a few minutes. Then he'd come down for one more. It was quite obvious.
Then after dinner he and my cousin wanted to go down in the basement to play pool and they invited me to go down too. Nope, absolutely not! lol
After much nagging from the rest of my family (did they not realize what was going on and that I was scared to death?) I finally went down for a bit. But only to the bottom of the stairs and watched from across the basement. They were probably 20-25 feet away from me. They kept telling me to come over. Nope, I'm fine right here!
I stayed for maybe 15 minutes and made a break for it.
I don't remember where my brother was during all this. He would have been about 9 or 10 though so not sure what he could have done to "protect" me! I'm not sure what I thought was going to happen either, but I wanted no part of it!
So what about you, do you remember when it happened to you? Were you flattered, excited, grossed out or scared to death like me?
Thursday, March 12, 2009
She couldn't remember where she saw it, but I did a search and found Carin at Forever in Blue Jeans who originated the challenge. Looks like she started at the beginning of the year but you're allowed to start and jump in at any time.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
And she got them. The photo she cut out of her Scholastic book order form at school was just the right size. Edward and Bella on one side, the word Twilight on the other. She was so excited that it worked out and they didn't have to go with her second choice!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
They will be giving away prizes every hour throughout the day today!
And if that's not enough, there will be links to many of the Sitsta's blogs having giveaways of their own.
What's my giveaway you ask? Well, I'm a fan of both the Harry Potter series and The Twilight Saga. So I'm including a little of both.
The winner will get a copy of "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" along with 3 unopened packages of Twilight trading cards.
Monday, March 9, 2009
By the time I got home it was almost time for Tiger's Girl Scout leader to come pick up all the cookie money I collected for the entire troop. So of course I wasn't quite ready for her either because I still had to add in the last two that got dropped off today.
Hopefully the rest of the night will be more peaceful!
Anyway, be sure to stop back tomorrow when I know it should be more quiet around here because I don't have to work! Also because I will be participating in the Spring Fling over at The Secrets is in the Sauce and will be having a little giveaway of my own!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
My package of swap goodies arrived yesterday! My partner was Nicole from Taulman Times. She was great partner and sent some awesome stuff! Some of it very similar to what I sent her.
Here's a before picture. Everything all wrapped up nice before I tore into it.
She had a tag on each one numbering them 1 through 6 and included a note on top instructing me to open them in order and then read the explanation next to each number on her note. I also included notes explaining each of mine but they were inside each package.
So here's what was inside!
- Scented tea light candles from Yankee Candle and a candle holder to burn them in. Yankee Candles rock! They are my favorite too. I've tried others but they just don't cut it.
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. In Nicole's words it "portrays the ultimate never-ending meaning of love". I look forward to reading it.
- Scarf (is there another word for these? or am I losing it). Anyway, I am in love with the colors!
- Coffee mug, green tea and a huge Hershey's dark chocolate bar! Check out what I sent her on her blog and you'll see we were totally on the same wave length with the chocolate bar thing!
- Family Tree Record book. We are very similar on this one. She likes scrap booking and of course I love taking photos of my family and also looking at old photos of family members. There are spots for photos for me, hubby and both sides of the family. I hope I can find some of everyone to include!
- Last but not least, fake (her words!) Chanel earrings. Hmm. Now to find a place to wear them. I'm usually in jeans or sweats carting the kids around!
Oh, and I'm also supposed to get the kids and hubby out of the house on a Sunday afternoon and take a nice nap. Sounds good to me!!
I'd like to say thanks Nicole for everything and for being such a great partner! I'd also like to thank Mamarazzi for organizing the swap. I'm sure it was a lot of work! I had fun with it!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Anyway, I've seen them quite few times since the 80s at different venues in the Milwaukee area. I thought I'd post an 80s video for today's Flashback Friday. There was one that was filmed at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee (I think it may have been You Give Love a Bad Name) but I can't find it. The one I did see on youtube said it was no longer there.
So how about some big 80s hair with Livin' On a Prayer?
Thursday, March 5, 2009
- I turn maps to face the direction we are heading. It drives hubby crazy!
- John Grisham is a favorite author. I buy all his books as soon as they come out but haven't read them all.
- Tuna has to be packed in water, NOT oil. Eww!
- I prefer mayo, not Miracle Whip. But I only eat it in tuna. Oh, and it must be Hellman's
- When using public restrooms, if I have a choice, I don't use the first stall.
- I flush with my foot in public restrooms. Just something my mom taught me years ago.
- I have never lived alone.
- I get hiccups when I get tired.
- Will usually eat a sandwich or cold pizza for breakfast. Prefer that over most breakfast food items.
- Parallel parking was the only thing I messed up on my drivers test. I still can't do it very well. If I can't pull in straight I most likely won't park there.
- I've been wearing the same winter coat for the past 10 years. You think it's time for a new one?
- I'm trying to drink less soda and more water. It's hard. I like my soda.
- I would like to lose about 20 pounds.
- I have 25 pairs of shoes, 10 of them are black. Had a few more but they seem to have made their way into Skowt's closet.
- I AM the Queen of Italy! ;)
- I still have my tonsils
- And also my appendix
- I dream in color
- I love Shamrock Shakes! Had my first of the year yesterday!
- I pay most of my bills online.
- I was in labor for 13 hours with my first and for like 2 with my second.
- I have never owned a brand new vehicle :(
- I don't drink coffee and really don't like the smell.
- I have blue eyes.
- I've never had a mani/pedi.
Monday, March 2, 2009
I had fun shopping and getting it all wrapped up. I hope she likes at least some of what I sent! lol I would like to apologize in advance for my wrapping job. I am sooooo not a wrapper of presents! :) The paper I was using was super thin so I had to wrap it around several times so you couldn't see through it. I look forward to seeing what she is sending!
Speaking of mamarazzi, this month she is starting something fun. She will be doing a monthly drawing out of all of her followers for a cool prize. So head on over and check her out. Make sure you leave a comment when you follow and tell her I sent ya!