Thursday, July 9, 2009

Writer's Workshop: Paranoia

I'm playing along with Mama Kat this week.


5.) What are you paranoid about?



What am I paranoid about? The question should really be what am I NOT paranoid about. Give me a situation and I'll find something to paranoid about. It just comes so naturally!

Hubby or kids a few minutes late and no phone call? They're laying dead in a ditch somewhere.

Driving somewhere new? I'm gonna get lost. What if there's construction?

What if they don't like me?....................What if they do?................What if someone is watching?.................What if they make fun of me?...............What if the kids get sick?...............or kidnapped?.............What if Skowt forgets to take her medication?.............or takes too much?...............What if the kids don't have any friends?....................What if they get picked on?.....................What if they start drinking?................or doing drugs?...................I could go on and on...........but I won't!

My paranoia annoys the heck out of my brother. Everytime I see him at least once I'll hear the words "You're so paranoid! How do you live like that?"

And I tell him if what I'm paranoid might happen that day never does...........then it's a good day! lol

Tonight we're going to see these guys:


The Jonas Brothers, 1 year and 3 days after this photo was taken when we saw them last year. And yes, there's a whole bunch of paranoia running around in my head about driving downtown with my girls!!

I'll be singing right along with these words tonight:

It’s like a poison in my brain
It’s like a fog that blurs the sane
It’s like a vine you can’t untangle
I’m freaking out

Everytime I turn around
Something don’t feel right
Just might be paranoid
I’m avoidin the lines cause they just might split
Can someone stop the noise?
I don’t know what it is but it just don’t fit
I’m paranoid
Yeah




4 comments:

Casey said...

Great post, although I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. I hope y'all enjoy the concert.

Amy said...

Yet another thing we have in common!

Boy I wish we were going to see the Jo Bros again, that Joe is so worth a few hot flashes....and I love their new song :)

Sooz said...

Woooo, have fun!

Aim said...

hey, we're going to see them tonight! Jessi and I. Hannah has a performance. Paranoid?!? WHo me?!? I think all those same things you do.