Sunday, September 6, 2009

Why do I bother?

If you've been reading my blog for a while you know I'm a very picky eater. VERY picky. But.......I also like to go out to eat. That combination can spell disaster!

At the restaurants that we go to frequently, I have my regular standard order that I usually stick to. Well, guess what? That tends to get pretty old....and frustrating. I get sick of eating the same thing time after time, but I have a hard time finding something else to eat!

Yesterday we to Panera Bread for lunch. I usually get the ham on rye, no swiss cheese. Well, I just didn't feel like it. So I checked out the menu and there was a Chicken Bacon Dijon sandwich. I like chicken. I like bacon. I like Dijon. It came with swiss cheese but I can just get it without. I ran it by hubby. Sure why not, go for it. So I ordered it. BIG mistake.

Like I said, it can be a disaster. It was the mustard. Did not like it at all and it was swimming in it. I tried to eat it but only took a couple bites. So I pretty much had a soda and a few chips.

It sucks leaving a restaurant just as hungry as when you came in!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's when you hope that you like what hubby ordered and *maybe* he will trade with you! I've been there, done that and you know I am the same way as you on this.

Shannon said...

I do the same thing... usually order the same thing when we go out to eat. Shane will ask why I don't try something new, but I say stick with what you know!

But you know what I hate?

When you have a favorite dish at a restaurant... and then they go and change the menu and no longer have that dish! Grrrr...

Aim said...

next time get the mustard on the side. Or not at all. Hmm. Sorry you left hungry!