Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday Sesame Street!!

Reason #123,456 that turning 40 makes me feel old.......I'm as old as Sesame Street!

Well, technically a week younger but what's 7 days when you're this old! LOL

I grew up with that show. I was just searching youtube for some classic episode clips. It's amazing how you can still sing along with some of those songs like it was just yesterday!

Here's a clip that looks like it features most of the original humans........including the one and only Mr. Hooper!






1 comment:

Nicole said...

I can't watch it. It will surely make me weep! :)

You know, ironically, this morning my 4 year old was wanting to watch a t.v. show. I said, "How about 'Sesame Street'?" She didn't know what I was talking about. I said, "You know, Elmo?" She watched it. At one point she said, "This show is good!" Then later said, "This show is long!"

I told her that this show is how I learned my ABC's and numbers.

Crazy, huh? My mom says that it came on about 3 or 4 times a day, the same episode. I would watch all episodes every day and cry every time it was over.

Some of the old clips still bring tears to my eyes.

What a joyous show!

They just "redid" 'The Electric Company'. Horrible! I pray they don't ever mess with 'Sesame Street'. It's as through time has stood still for 40 years.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane.