Saturday, January 2, 2010

My mind is racing

I finally have a day to sleep in and I can't! It's winter break for the kids but for the past week, even though they don't have school and I don't need to wake them up early I still had to get up because I worked all but Wednesday. Isn't that always the way life goes?

So today we don't have anything going on until this afternoon but I still woke up around 5 am! I did doze back off for a little while but woke up again around 6:30 and have been tossing ever since.

I got started thinking about the new year and some things I want to work on and get accomplished and my mind just starting racing. Usually once it starts I just can't relax. There's so much going on up there sometimes it scares me! Problem is it keeps me from doing things sometimes because I spend too much time thinking, planning and worrying if things will go the way I want rather than just doing those things.

I know I've been kind of vague about what I want to be doing but as they come up I'm sure I'll mention them here. I did start one project yesterday. To me this is a biggie and I'm not so sure I'll keep it up but I'm gonna give it my best. I love photography but sometimes I'll go for weeks without even picking up my camera. Which I don't like. If I'm going to keep learning and getting better I need to get out there and take pics. So I started a Project 365 to push myself to pick up that camera more often. Basically it's a year in photos. One photo a day for 365 days and what better day to start than January 1st?

I started a gallery on my smugmug site and I will also be posting them on my photoblog, though not necessarily every day. I will take them every day, but I may just post them weekly or every couple of days on my blog. We'll see how it goes and what other things I have going on. I know I have at least one trip planned this year where I may not have internet access everyday so in that case I will post when I get home.


1 comment:

Aim said...

you and I are so much alike...except for the waking up early thing! 2010 is going to be awesome. I have a lot of things in flux right now, but by 12/31/10 my life is gonna rock!