Friday, July 1, 2011

So Random

Randomness = that which you feel the urge to blog about but does not warrant an entire blog post on it's own


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I CANNOT believe it's freakin' JULY  already people!  Another year half gone.  Just like that.  POOF!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I've been randomly remembering people from my past that I used to work with.  People I haven't thought of in years!  But I can't remember their names.  Drives me crazy!

I've considered trying to look them up and/or reconnecting via Facebook.  But the the 'Find Friend' section on facebook sucks!!
You used to be able to be a bit more specific when looking by school or employer, like specifying a year or location.  Now it's just choose your past employer and a bunch of random people show up. Well, I used to work at Kmart.  You know how many people work or have worked there?  How can I find someone if I can't specify dates or at least a state?!

Or am I missing something?  If so, please help!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So at the urging of fellow blogger Janette I joined Pinterest.  I'm still kinda on the fence about it.  At first I just thought it was just a bunch of random photos.  Then the more I checked it out it's kind of more like a bulletin board where you can bookmark all the stuff you like online.  It includes a picture so you remember what it is you're bookmarking.  I don't know how many times I've used the bookmarks on my browser and then later looked through them and thought "what the heck was this?".


I also think it kind of serves as a way to get to know people that you follow, who they are, what they like, what their interest are.  


One problem I have is in re-pinning others stuff.  Sometimes it just leads back to a random photo online and not to the actual original source.  Like the recipe to make those cool looking yummy brownies you're pinning.  What's the point?


I'm a list maker so I find it cool, but I'm also obsessing over what to call each list and what list to pin certain things to!!  


Anyway, the jury is still out on this one!  But feel free to follow me.

Follow Me on Pinterest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Two weeks until HARRY POTTER!!




As excited as I am to see the movie, I'm just as sad to see it end.  I've read all the books and watched all the movies several times.  It's been a part of my life for the past 10 years.  I've watched these characters/actors grow up on film.  It will be hard to say goodbye.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As of today we've had our cat two weeks.  He's already been sick and we've had to take him to the vet.  A sore on his cheek and some goop (yes the technical term) in his ear.  Bacterial infections.  What a nice "welcome to the family" vet bill!!  He is kinda cute though!



He likes to sleep on his back with all four paws in the air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that was much longer than I thought!  Sorry.  And thank you to those who stuck through the whole post!



1 comment:

Amy said...

I like random posts!

Never could figure out pinterest either, so I gave up.

Harry Potter...I'm apparently not smart enough to understand it, or I have ADD, because I could not get into it...lol

Love your cat, too cute :)