Wednesday, September 14, 2011

We Want to Know Wednesday: Week 22

Photobucket



Be sure to visit the hosts for We Want to Know Wednesday:  Mamarazzi and Queso.  


This week's questions are all about road trips.  I love a good road trip so here we go!


{1} What are 3 must haves for a long road trip?


Well, assuming good directions and a map or gps system are a given my top 3 are:

  1. A cooler packed with drinks and lots of snacks:  Seems that even if you've just eaten before the trip starts once you get in that car everyone gets the munchies.  Snacking helps keep me alert when I'm driving too.  It's much cheaper to pack your own than do load up at a gas station.  Though it never fails that at at least one stop there is something I just can't live without!
  2. A bag packed with books, magazines, word searches, notebook, pens etc. to keep me occupied on those long boring stretches with no scenery.  I usually take more than I ever need or use but nice to have it when I'm bored.
  3. A pillow!  I usually don't actually sleep much but it's hard to get comfy in a car without one.  


{2} What was the destination of your most recent road trip?


Green Bay, WI....sorta.  Hubby and I stayed a couple nights there on our anniversary in June but from our hotel we road tripped around door county both days.  


{3} What do you miss most about home when on a trip?


It's a toss up between my own bed and my own shower.  No matter how nice the place is you stay and how clean the bathroom is it's just not the same as showering at home!!  I feel lost.  LOL


{4} What is the furthest you have traveled on a road trip?


Between here and Orlando, FL which is about 1270 miles!  Close second is between here and my home town in MA which is about 1050 miles!  


{5} Will you "stop for the largest ball of twine, etc" or are you a "hurry and get there" road tripper?


Deep down I'm the "stop for the largest ball of twine" kind of gal.  But most road trips we take we only have a limited amount of time to get where we are going, do our thing and get back home so we usually can't do that.  I really want to take a trip one time where that is all we do is sight see and stop at fun attractions and cool home town restaurants etc.  I'd have a route in mind but kind of just take it slow and do what we feel like from day to day.




Right now I'm heading out for a road trip to the DMV!  It's road test time for my teen.  Wish me luck!  I'll be back around to visit everyone later today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am learning now that my oldest (4) needs lots of things to do in the car. I used to just stare out the window and imagine things but he needs hands-on stuff.

VandyJ said...

I always say it's better to have it and not need it that to need it and not have it. I always over pack on the activities.

Amy said...

You need to take a road trip to LA to see ME! :)

Mamarazzi said...

good luck at the DMV...i always feel like i need a long hot shower after a visit there.

i like to stop too...when time allows!

thanks for linking up!

Unknown said...

Good luck to the teen. I love meandering type of traveling.

I was thinking uhh how can you read and do puzzles when you are driving then I realized d'oh, someone else is doing at least some of the driving. (I usually am the only driver- at least I was til the last few years.)

Alicia said...

i wish that i could read in the car. if i'm not looking straight out of the window i get super car sick! i hope that you're teen did good on the test! i'm dreading the day i have to do that with my kids! lol!